Elder Giles

Elder Giles
Mission Photos

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Week 8

Hey fam!

I got my travel plans and I'm so excited to leave! I'm scared to death but I won't question the Lord's timing in my departure, he know's I'm ready to go... I hope. On Wednesday we had a TRC lesson planned for a member all about General Conference and the importance of Prophets, we sat down to teach this guy and he had absolutely NO IDEA what we were talking about. We were really confused and decided to stop the lesson and just talk to him. I asked him what he liked to do and he said he loves soccer and I asked him what he did for a living and he said he was actually living in Nebraska right now going to school on an academic visa and couldn't get a job. He was from Kumamoto, Japan and had been here for a year. As soon as he asked Donaldson Choro and I how long we would be in Japan I knew we were talking to a non-member. After the initial panic of not knowing what to teach him we just started in the beginning with the restoration and taught him a little bit about Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and how to pray. It was sooo cool! I can't even explain the love I felt for this man as we were teaching him. I wanted to meet him in person and tell him all about our church so bad! He was so curious about everything because he had a cousin that was a member and was so ready to receive the gospel! We committed him to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it so I hope he does that this week! Other than that awesome experience nothing really amazing happened this week. We get released as Zone Leaders tomorrow and I'm actually really sad! I loved getting to know all the Elder's in the Branch and having the opportunity to be a leader in the MTC. I'm so glad Woods Cross beat Bountiful again! That's so awesome! I'm going to try to send a few boxes home this week with stuff I don't need because it's way cheap to ship from the MTC. Elder Brown is still doing well but he's bummed that I won't be a Zone Leader anymore. It was way funny to interview him on how his district was doing last night. He's an awesome District Leader and I hope he continues to lead by example. Anyway, I'm still doing great. I finished the Book of Mormon again yesterday and, yes, it's still true. Alex needs to read it from cover to cover. I hope Jack got my letter I sent last week! Have a great week fam! Oh, by the way, I GO TO JAPAN IN NINE DAYS!!!

All my love,

Elder Giles

This is what we do pretty much all day long. Translate Sentences.



Elder Giles & Elder Cowley MTC Provo, UT

Elder Giles & Elder Peay MTC Provo, UT

Elder Giles & Elder Tribe MTC Provo, UT

Elder Giles & Elder Cowley MTC Provo, UT

learning japanese MTC life 

Spoiled by the greatest family in the world! 10PM munchies 

MTC with my Woods Cross Elders 
Elder Donaldson studying Japanese 

No comments:

Post a Comment