Elder Giles

Elder Giles
Mission Photos

Monday, February 23, 2015

Thats just the way it goes sometimes.

Hello Family!

This week has been crazy. It has changed my life forever for sure. I`ve learned so much about the power of prayer and our relationship with our Heavenly Father. It was a tough week, but we have those on missions and in life. You can`t escape that and its just something that you have to learn to live with sometimes.

We actually had a really cool experience today. We had a member invite us to go to lunch today to this way good Tempura Restaraunt with us and the Sisters. We went there and the place was waaayyy crouded and at first it didn`t look like we were all going to be able to sit together. Finally enough spots opened up and we were able to all sit on the same table. While we were eating a lady that works at the restaraunt came up to us and was trying to speak English and telling us that her kids really wanted to go on Foreign Exchanges around the world. The member we were with told her a little bit about the church and gave her a mormon.org pass along card. As we were talking one of the other workers, a man, was looking at us and her kind of curiously. I didn`t really think anything of it at first and then I saw the guys name tag. Mr. U. All of a sudden all the bells went off and I remembered this guy from when I was in Akashi a year and a half ago at the start of my mission! I asked him if he remembered me and he said yes! We talked for just a little bit, but he was really busy because he was working. After I left I called the Zone Leaders in Akashi right now and told him to find the teaching record for him that we made and call him again! It was super cool. The Lord really does lead us to his sheep.

I want to testify that prayer is very very real and it is in deed a two way communication with our Heavenly Father. He really is there and he know`s each one of us personally. I don`t think I can express even a fraction of what I feel when I pray, but I can tell you its incredible. The Lord knows all. He can heal all and he will comfort us amidst our trials. He wants us to feel peace and joy just as much as we want those things and he will give it to us if we ask sincerely and then act! Thats the secret. Its just like President Ezra Taft Benson says in Preach My Gospel, "..one of the greatest secrets of missionary work is work!" Thats so true. Nothing will turn your day, your week, or your life around like just going out and serving the Lord by helping someone else. I testify that that is true! 

I ask for your prayers in my behalf this week. Please know that I am praying for you and I`m incredibly grateful for all the love and support. I really can feel the influence of all of you in my life and I couldn`t do this alone. Have a great week and go out and try and help someone! I`ll do the same. I`ll talk to you all next week! I love you!

Elder Jeffrey Maxwell Giles

(The picture attached is a picture of the bridge in Akashi that we can see from our area! So cool!)



No comments:

Post a Comment