Elder Giles

Elder Giles
Mission Photos

Sunday, March 30, 2014

New comp, new transfer, still just working here

Helloooooo friends and family!!


  Its been a great week and I`m glad to say that the weather here in Japan is beautiful! It`s finally spring time here and the Cherry Blossoms are in full bloom! Its awesome! It feels like a whole new country now that it`s spring time. I feel like I`ve finally reached the point where I can look at every single thing as a positive. Really, everything is a blessing whether its good or bad. Heavenly Father has an individual plan for every single one of us and once we figure that out, life just starts to become beautiful. 

      I`ll start out by saying that Brother K has officially been confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and we couldn`t be happier for him. He was confirmed by the Bishop and after the ordinance, I don`t think I`ve ever seen him smile so much. It was an amazing opportunity and one that I`ll cherish forever. His After Baptism lessons will be a little tough without Yamaguchi Choro because he doesn`t understand our Japanese and we really don`t understand his but we`re doing everything we can to see him 100% converted to this gospel. 

      We were street contacting in one of the shopping areas on Saturday giving out English Class fliers and stuff and we stopped this family that had a lot of interest in the class. I was standing a little ways away while my companion talked to the parents when there little son and daughter came over and talked to me. He asked how old I was and I told him to guess and he said 28! I told him I was 19 and he was like, `You`re so young!` I said, `So are you!` I asked him what his name was and he said it was `G`.  A He said he was 8 and I almost broke down right there. It was like I was talking to J.  I was asking him what kind of sports he liked he said he like baseball. I asked him if he was going to be like Ichiro and he proceeded to tell me that that isn`t possible because Ichiro bats left handed and he bats right handed. He was so cute! He asked me how many years I`ve been in Japan and he was shocked when I told him I`ve been here for just over 5 months! He was like, `Pera Pera desu ka?` (are you fluent?) and I said not even close! I want to teach his family so bad. I haven`t had the chance to teach a family yet and I want to so bad!

      The church is still true. I won`t harp on that too much this week but I just feel so privileged to be doing this work. I had one of those, `dang`, moments last week looking down at my tag and seeing the Saviors name next to mine. I have the best job in the world. I really don`t want this work to end. I never thought I would say that even a month ago but I`m finally there. I think its the beautiful weather thats got me in such a great mood today. Oh the tender mercies of the Lord. I love this stuff.

      I`m doing great but I still have a long way to go with everything. I guess thats just a part of the beauty of life, you`re never quite there. The Lord can always expect a little more out of us. 

      I hope you all have a great week. I consider you all my family and I`m so blessed to have all of your love and support! I love you all!!!!!!


Elder Jeffrey Maxwell Giles






No comments:

Post a Comment