Elder Giles

Elder Giles
Mission Photos

Saturday, August 10, 2013

First Email from MTC

Hi Mom and rest of the family!
So I sent a letter a day or so ago and you might not have received it yet but know that I sent one! I wrote a letter that I will send today with my testimony written in Japanese! I'm seriously loving the MTC and my classes. Japanese is hard but after a few hundred times repeating a phrase or word it starts to stick. Praying in Japanese is probably the coolest thing ever. My companion and I, Elder Donaldson, have prayed a lot in Japanese together and its really a powerful experience. So today is my P-Day so my companion and I got up around 5:45 AM to go to laundry early, you'd be surprised how easy I can get up here. We started our laundry and went and got sack breakfasts so we could eat in the laundry room. Laundry took about an hour and a half and after we went back to our room and napped for a little bit to make up for the lost sleep. It felt so good even though the Elders down the hall thought it would be a good idea to have races right in front of our door. Donaldson Churro and I taught a lesson last night and it was realllllllllyyyy bad. We pretty much just bore testimony and prayed to him. He likes to play ping pong, baseball, and fishing! I told him I like baseball too so I think he liked me. I know the lord will bless us as we get a more full vocabulary and are able to communicate better. Everyone here says they felt the same way we do when they first got here, the language will come. I can't wait to be able to speak Japanese fluently! Its such a beautiful language! The other Elders in our room are Elder Moos from Spanish Fork and Elder Barney from Layton. They're pretty cool guys. My teacher is Fowers Sensai, he just got back from his mission in Tokyo and absolutely loved it! He speaks so fluently and fast its difficult to understand him. Words in Japanese are sometimes similar to words in English so we can kind of understand what he's saying. The other Elders in my district are Elder Novak from Sacramento, Elder Fukiu from Tremonton, Elder Carlisle from Boston, and Elder Karchner from Boise. I think the only one that has any Japanese background is Elder Novak who took two or three years in high school. When it comes to gospel things though no one hardly knows anything! Sorry I didn't have time to write more and upload pictures yet but I've seen all my friends except Elder Muir! Alex, ask Bam if he knows if Elder Muir is on the other campus. I talked to Elder Tribe for a while last night and he's doing so well! I love his companion Elder Navas, he's hilarious. Well I've got to go but I will try to get on a computer where I can actually upload some of my pictures. I love you guys and I'm praying for everyone back home! I'm doing great and I love being a missionary! I am so happy!
All the best,
Giles Churro

No comments:

Post a Comment