Elder Giles

Elder Giles
Mission Photos

Thursday, August 29, 2013

District Leader

Dear Family 


So I wrote a letter to Alex this morning because I had a rough night and I wanted to see how she was doing. Last night I got pretty irritable with my district and wasn’t in a good mood at all. During my nightly prayer last night I pleaded with the Lord to have him show me of his love. I didn’t really receive an answer right then but I went to bed anyway. After I had woken up this morning and had written Alex the letter (best friend). Brother Ward a member of the branch presidency pulled me out of the class we were studying in and called me as a district leader! I accepted the call and immediately felt Heavenly Father’s love and the spirit confirmed this to me. So I’m District Leader of District 71-A now here at the MTC. Crazy right? The Lord answers prayers and I know I’m serving as District Leader because he loves and knows this is what I’m supposed to do right now. It’s crazy how the uneasiness I felt last night was the way the Lord was preparing me for this new call. Satan was doing everything he could to tear me down but he has no power over me! This church is true Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us! I can’t wait to hear from all of you.


Much Love,

Elder Giles 



MISSIONARY TRAINING CENTER

2005 North 900 East Provo, Utah 84604-1793 Phone: 1-801-422-2603

August 2, 2013

Elder Jeffrey Maxwell Giles

Dear Elder Giles,

Congratulations on your call to serve as a District Leader. We appreciate your willingness to help and bless the other missionaries in your district. Through your example of Christ-like living and appropriate missionary behavior you will become an inspiration and role model for those you lead.

Your support and encouragement of the other missionaries will be a blessing to them. We encourage you to seek the Lord’s spirit in your stewardship. It will guide you to those who may need your assistance and love, and will inspire you in how to lift and strengthen them.

You have been called through inspiration. You will be blessed as you follow the counsel and direction of your Branch Presidency. You should share your concerns with them, and seek their counsel in providing assistance to those you serve. Please refer to your missionary leader guide book for specific responsibilities.

May the Lord bless you in this assignment and throughout your mission.

Sincerely,

Lon B. Nally President

No comments:

Post a Comment