Elder Giles

Elder Giles
Mission Photos

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Japan: Week 1

Hi fam!

This week has been a week I will never forget. The mission field is so amazing and I`m having such a great time! I`m in an area called Akashi, just outside of Kobe and It`s awesome! My companion's  name is Elder Shinohara and he`s from up around Nagoya Japan! He`s so awesome. Having a foreign companion has been such a blessing! Our apartment is small but not as small as I thought it would be. Its awesome. I can`t even begin to tell you how much I don`t know any Japanese. It`s exhausting but I know It`s worth it. No one ever said this would be easy. I love it. President and Sister Zinke are incredible people! It was so great to spend those first two nights in the mission home! It was way sad to say goodbye to Elder Donaldson for a little bit. I`ve been great though. This language is hard. The food is different. I`m exhausted all the time, but I know this is where I`m supposed to be. Japan is so amazing. The people here just look at me like, who is that big white guy? It`s hilarious. We have this investigator that`s going to be baptized in a few weeks. He`s homeless so the church has been doing a lot to try and support him. You wouldn`t believe the change that the gospel has brought to his life. I look in his eyes and there`s a new life. It`s incredible. Haha so my bike is white and pink and says `Juliet` on the side. It`s super manly.. The members are great. Sorry I have to go!

Elder Giles

No comments:

Post a Comment